Friday, June 12, 2009

New Day, New Name, New Approach



Today I moved another step closer to my "ideal" life, finishing the artwork for the cover of my novel Poppies and Sky (see photo) , identifying two new products that will use creative writing and arty stuff and uncovering an untapped resource of passive income in the process!


One of the insights I had was that my blog was called "Clippings of Tin" as in living on feck all and my previous newsletter was called "Wing & Prayer". Although I like them and had great response to both, they were in fact, the very names of a poor existence, and as I always preach about making ourselves martyrs, I have ditched both and replaced the blog name with the name of my current book, "Sunflower Seeds".


I have a pain in my backside listening to the recession, depression, and bad news every time i read a paper, turn on the tv or listen to the radio.


If we all listen to bad news that is depressing then its only a matter of time...


So with that in mind, I have begun a little book of good news to be out mid summer and available in shops and on Amazon in time for Christmas (I know I know but these things take time).


So the next few weeks will be busy doing things I love, and singing the "My Lovely Horse" by Dougal and Father Ted whenever I hear something more miserable than has gone ahead already.


And hanging paintings in a gallery.....


and selling artwork in the design mart in Temple Bar...


and finishing Sunny Side Up by the end of July.


Who needs a holiday?


No comments: